With all course we run, we have learner’s feedback forms for you to complete, please be honest and give constructive feedback. If you like what you did, write it down and tell others about your experience. If you don’t like what you did also write it down but tell us too. Courses will only improve if YOU let us know.
About the Course Trainers
Bryan Slade Training Manager
I have been teaching for over 12 years and in this time I have delivered many courses to people in all types of First Aid, Health & Safety, Lifeguarding and Training the Trainer.
• Worked in the leisure industry for almost 20 years and have worked for many large leisure providers
• Managed and trained staff in all aspects of life-support and Health & Safety
• Managed staff in many large and medium sized leisure centres
• Worked for the Fire & Rescue Service as a Health & Safety Advisor, specialising in Risk Assessment, PPE and Manual Handling.
• Worked with and delivered training courses and Train the Trainer courses for the two largest leisure providers in England
• Worked with two of the largest Trainer providers in Wiltshire, delivering First Aid Health & Safety.
• I am a member of many professional bodies and I am involved in the Training Assessing process of the RLSS.
• I keep myself up to date with al legislative changes and changes in work practices and idea. I have membership of many professional bodies many through qualifications.
• I can offer advice and consultancy on Health & Safety issues
About the Course Venue
• All courses will be run at Beversbrook Sport Faciltiy (with the exception of those run at your own venue).
• The room has enough seating for 14 learners and has state of the art presentation equipment. There is also a separate area to practice skill-based activities.
• The rooms are warm, well ventilated and away from noise and distractions, with neutral colours that allow learners to relax in an atmosphere best suited to learning.
• Refreshments (with the exception of lunch) will be provided.
There are facilities and establishments to purchase lunches, there are also facilities to eat your packed lunch if you bring one.
About the Courses
• Where applicable all course have HSE approval (HSE No. 85 / 07)
• Qualified and competent persons will carry out all courses and assessments, all certificates and qualification held by the trainers can be produced and you are welcome to take copies of all certificates for your records.
• My Skills for Life will ensure all relevant paperwork, and where applicable, publication, is provided, I will provide where applicable, all qualified assessors. I will keep all appropriate paperwork for 7 years and will be subject to the Data Protection Act. If you wish to keep your own copies please feel free to copy any relevant for you.
About the Trainers
• We pride ourselves on ensuring our trainers have appropriate qualifications and where relevant teacher qualifications.
• We only select trainers who have been trained by us or have been training for over 5 years with other companies or as individuals.
• All trainers will have relevant experience and knowledge of their subject and have extensively researched their chosen presentations thoroughly.